First graders are so joyful and excited, but even their energy can dip from time to time. Gearing up for school every day can be tough sometimes (don’t we know it!), but finding a lighthearted way to set the tone is absolutely worth it! You might not win any comedy awards, but your students will appreciate this list of 25 silly first grade jokes. Use them all at once or one joke at a time as the month goes on.
1. Why did the cookie go to the doctor?
It was feeling crumb-y.
2. Why did the golfer wear two pairs of pants?
In case he got a hole in one.
3. How do they answer the phone at the paint store?
4. Why do scissors always win a race?
Because they take a shortcut!
5. What did the traffic light say to the cars?
Don’t look, I’m changing!
6. What did one plate say to the other plate?
Dinner is on me!
7. Why did the kid cross the playground?
To get to the other slide.
8. Why was 6 afraid of 7?
Because 7 ate 9!
9. What kind of tree fits in your hand?
A palm tree!
10. Why was the baby strawberry crying?
Because her parents were in a jam.
11. How do you talk to a giant?
Use big words!
12. How do you get a squirrel to like you?
Act like a nut!
13. What do you call two birds in love?
14. What was the first animal in space?
The cow that jumped over the moon.
15. What time is it when the clock strikes 13?
Time to get a new clock.
16. Why can’t Elsa have a balloon?
Because she will let it go.
17. How do you make an octopus laugh?
18. What did the nose say to the finger?
Quit picking on me!
19. What do elves learn in school?
20. Where do pencils go on vacation?
21. What did the big flower say to the little flower?
22. Why didn’t the skeleton go to the dance?
He had no body to dance with.
23. Why do bees have sticky hair?
Because they use a honeycomb.
24. What’s a pirate’s favorite letter?
25. What do you call a fish without an eye?
What are your favorite first grade jokes? Please share in the comments!
Plus, don’t forget to sign up for our weekly emails to receive more ideas!
Looking for more ways to get ready for the school year? Check out Your Guide to Teaching 1st Grade Online!
Share this post if you enjoyed! 🙂